Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Have to Show Off The Sign I Made

While the East Coast is having a Polar Vortex, California is unseasonably warm.  Perfect for  a backyard movie party.

I wanted a cool movie marquee but individual lighted letters are expensive at $100 each.  Spelling out MOVIE would've blown through my budget for the entire party.  So I set out to make my own out of foam core.  Got as far as the arrow, which took 80 mins (not including drying time in between each coat of paint)  Cutting out the shape was laborious but bearable. It was the holes for the bulbs that killed me.  So I scrapped the individual letter idea and went with a rectangle sign with MOVIE printed in red.  The end result turned out quite nice for the total time spent.  I hope the nice weather holds up through the weekend.  

Throw your own BackYard Movie Party by asking guests to bring a folding chair and blanket.  Rent a popcorn machine, put out hot dogs, nachos, candy and you're good to go!  We already had a projector but you can rent a complete Outdoor Movie  kit at any AV rental place.



No comments:

Post a Comment