Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting around the campsite



I pulled out my electric bike from hibernation this weekend and attached a Burley trailer to it and took City Camper Boy on fantastic bike ride. It just made me remember how much I love my bike!!

I stumbled upon Velo Electric in San Carlos accidentally and I highly recommend anyone in the market for an electric bike to talk to them. This father and son shop has the best customer service. You will feel like you've been transformed to the 1950's when shop keepers greet you with a smile, remembers your name and returns calls promptly. I had so many questions that visited the shop three times before making a purchase. They made me feel welcome each time.

But back to how this post pertains to camping. My Eco Bike folds compactly, so if you don't have room for a bike rack on your trailer, you can easily pack this in the trunk of your car or even store it inside the trailer itself.

Velo Electric also carries the Brompton Folding Bike hand made from London and oh my gosh people, it is SUPER cute. Folds down to 21" and is super light at 29 lbs.

Comes in as many colors as a bag of Skittles. I like the hot pink and tangerine! If I didn't already have an Eco Bike, I would totally get one of these. Great for camping and getting around university. For those of you who commute on the train, this is perfect.

Their new store in the Town and Country mall in Palo Alto, CA will be open soon.

A reminder that I do not get compensation of any kind from vendors mentioned on this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment