Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Camping Trip That Wasn't


Our tent under the "stars" AKA string lights 


We had reservations at Snug Harbor over the Easter Holiday but due to a work emergency, I had to cancel last minute.

For those of you who have kids, you know that they don't tend to forget things like camping trips or ice cream once it's been thrown out. But conveniently, they often forget about picking up their toys.

I didn't want to be a dream crusher, so instead I elected to break out the Hobo firepit and we roasted hotdogs in the backyard. Then we pitched a tent and pretend camped.

This was the first time I slept in a tent since owning a trailer. It was A LOT colder. For a good 30 minutes, I considered coming back into the house once I was good and sure City Boy Camper was asleep. But I bit the bullet and stayed through the night.


For those of you in the market for a tent, I have the 4 person dome tent from REI. I don't know where tent companies get their fit models. My guess is they're retired Oompa Loompas from The Wizard of Oz because in no way does this tent sleeps 4 adults. Especially if you intent to use cots.


So if you are a family of 4, you might want to get 2 four person tents instead of 1 six person tent. It's the same thought as getting two small generators that can be ganged instead of one gigantic, hard to move one. The ease in transportation, set up and configuration options is worth the consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment