Friday, September 30, 2011

From Camping to Cabo

I am not usually one to schedule back to back trips. However, due to several conspiring events and a well timed Groupon offer for 4 nights at the Cabo Azul Resort at a very reasonable rate, I rolled with it.

The infinity pool was located right on the beach

Talk about a 180 degree change in environment! I can get used to mojitos by the pool and air conditioned luxury resorts! We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite upon check in.

Loved the canopy ceiling in the bedroom

I did a lot of reading on my Kindle. The highly acclaimed Night Circus was meh. But a friend recommended The Descent and oh my God, I have been staying up until 1:00AM for the past two nights reading. BTW, this book is not the same as that dumb ass movie that came out a few years ago.

My favorite thing about the Hotel were these pods situated around the pool. Something about an egg shaped cocoon, made for a very comforting experience while lying inside.


The only thing was you had to take care to change positions once in a while as to not acquire odd tans lines.


It was a difficult decision each day to choose between lying in the pool or the pod. Second only to deciding between margaritas and mojitos during happy hour.


As Adam Carolla would say, "Champagne problems!" For the record, the mojito was the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment